Monday, May 25, 2009

Declare His Praise

Today, Psalm 78 was part of our lunchtime reading and the following portion was a stirring challenge to my heart. If we do not declare His praise to our children (and other people!), they will not know the works He has done, both in history and in our own lives. The consequences of our not declaring are grim and serious. The nation of Israel proved this countless times, and our own nation now displays the ruin caused by abdicating this joyous responsibility. Let us wash our children daily in the pure water of the Word of God!

*

My people, hear my instruction; listen to what I say.
I will declare wise sayings; I will speak mysteries from the past -


Things we have heard and known and that our fathers have passed down to us.
We must not hide them from their children,


But must tell a future generation the praises of the Lord,
His might, and the wonderful works He has performed.

He established a testimony in Jacob and set up a law in Israel,
Which He commanded our fathers to teach to their children


So that a future generation - children yet to be born - might know.
They were to rise and tell their children

So that they might put their confidence in God and not forget God's works,
But keep His commandments. Psalm 78:1-7

*

Top three photos: EG looking very chic in my cousin's sunglasses during our visit to the wildflower center. EG gazing into a pond.
Bottom two photos: MK - two perspectives

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying reading your posts. They are like reading a daily devotion.

    It is so good to see the girls. Wish I could be on that plane with Rach.

    ReplyDelete