Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Saved Because of His Mercy

At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:3-7


Reminders:
1 - I really was foolish, disobedient, deceived, and enslaved...before He adopted me. I am no better than any other person who ever lived. The playing field is indeed even. We are all sinners.
2 - He saved me because He is full of mercy. I was incapable of pleasing Him, of even desiring Him.
3 - I am washed and renewed in an eternal sense and in a daily sense (Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. I Corinthians 4:16).
4 - He's poured out the Holy Spirit generously. Ponder that! Believe it. Think on what that must mean. I know I've only just scratched the surface of all He has for me through the power and presence of His Spirit.
5 - I'm justified, made right with the God of Heaven. I am made right with Him. It is because of grace and because He is good. And now I have hope...real hope and real purpose. Amen.


*

Photos:
These are wildflowers near our house. Saturday morning, early, I set out with one child in tow to do our big grocery run. I got there without my list and had to come back. Grabbed my camera and was treated to wildflowers in the morning sunlight. Thank you, Lord.
Top: Texas Thistle (ouch, watch out)
Bottom: Plains Coreopsis (I think)

1 comment:

  1. The gospel truth... our hearts need to hear it every hour of every day!

    ReplyDelete