Friday, August 28, 2009

More on Fog and Clouds

Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are His.
He changes times and seasons; He sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
He reveals deep and hidden things; He knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.
I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers: You have given me wisdom and power,
You have made known to me what we asked of you, You have made known to us the dream of the king.
Daniel 2:20-23


A few years ago, I took part in a Bible study with other women on the book of Daniel. The leader had us memorize the above passage. Soon after, it became a passionate prayer of my own heart, as I struggled to understand and deal wisely with one of my girls. I simply had no idea of what to do with said enigmatic child. But since God knows what lies in darkness (this little one has long been ever so reserved), and since He reveals deep and hidden things (the thoughts of her heart and her needs), I could call on Him in confidence to help me parent well.


So, I ran to these scriptures today, because I'm still very much smarting from a pretty big boo-boo I made yesterday - a clumsy mix up of timing with one of my kids' school responsibilities. It's not the end of the world, but it shows a need for some changes...and mostly for some crying out to the Lord! For He knows why I'm struggling so hard to contain details these days and He knows the solutions I need to undertake to improve things.


I cried alright - literally and in prayer last night and this morning.

This morning's devotional readings further encouraged me to put my trust in Jesus in all this. In my Quiet Confidence study by Elizabeth George, she expounded on one of God's names: Jehovah Jireh, which means The Lord Will Provide. Mrs. George points to the first time this name for God is used in the Bible is in Genesis 22:14, when God provided the ram for sacrifice in Isaac's place. I am so comforted to know that God is going to provide what I need!

It also helped me to recognize, as I prayed earlier today, that this little blunder, as well as my general fogginess lately, are no accident. I may have that oops feeling, but this is part of God's plan to make me more like Himself, and oh for grace to look to Him in faith in all things! There is no oops with Jesus, you know!

So, I am calling on His Name, asking for wisdom and help. He promises that If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him (James 1:5).

....And most of tomorrow will be spent working to get on top of that which can be organized in my life. Thank you, husband, for making that possible!

*

Photos - flowers in Canada
1-The dandelions there were huge. Some were just about golf-ball sized.
2-This is a tiny orchid in the woods, one of many we saw on walks. I'd never seen one growing in the wild!
3-I think this purple wildflower is winking at me! What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Organizational Day! I hope you get it all under control, but don't sweat the small stuff. In a couple of years your mix up will be a funny family story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you today as you think and organize.

    ReplyDelete