Friday, December 18, 2009

Such Grace

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

Lord willing,



we will welcome



one more of these



into our home




in July 2010!
*

All we can say is, "wow!" and "Thank you, Lord!" Since quite obviously we are older with the birth of each child (and hence, more mature), and by the grace of God, also further along in our walk with Christ, I think both of us appreciate more than ever the gift that this little unexpected baby is and will be!

Children are such a blessing. And I love surprises. I still cannot believe another one is one the way! God is so very good and kind.

While we are excited about baby, his/her presence means that mama's dragging more than usual, especially in the evenings. This means we are rather basic this year in our decorating and celebrating. The Lord has His ways of helping us to be quieter, doesn't He?

BB has been super man for us this past month or so, since the nighttime yuck set in for me. God's grace on him has been so apparent - he has faithfully led the family in Advent scripture readings and worship. He has carried more than his normal load of bedtime duties. I am so thankful for him, and for all God has done and is doing in my husband!!

This Christmas, I'm having a hard time thinking clearly (#5 seems to be stealing my ability to concentrate and remember!), but I think what I'm most grateful for this Season is Emmanuel - God With Us. He came, lived, preached, loved, served, died, came alive again, returned to heaven, then gave believers His Holy Spirit...and He is with me always...He promised: And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:20

*

Photos - the girls, in birth order
EG: 9lb 2oz, March 01
MK: 6lb 0oz, July 02
LC: 8lb 8oz, July 04
CA: 6lb 6oz, Aug 07

1 comment:

  1. And how happy and grateful I am that He has you in this place... and that we are there together!

    ReplyDelete