Tuesday, March 9, 2010

To You Who Need Hope Today

Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8

My Hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness...
Edward Mote


The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, 
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor. 
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives 
and release from darkness for the prisoners
to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor 
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness, 
a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.Isaiah 61:1-3


 Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted. Matthew 5:4

*
For you who need Hope today...call on His Name...even in pain, He has Purpose and His Love is as big as ever...the severe mercies are hard, but are no accident...

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Was this your magical photo session? Lovely. And with such hopeful encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My Hope is Built" is one of my favorite, favorite hymns. Thanks for a good song running through my mind now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. C, this was from the "magical photo session!" :-) More to come from that...

    M, I think that hymn was one of the only ones I learned to play well during my short stint of piano lessons as a child...it is full of wonderful Truth, though, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, this is so encouraging and quite a blessing. Thank you for writing it. Blessings! Kelly

    ReplyDelete