Monday, November 8, 2010

Look! Look! A Short Post!


I just had to prove to myself that I could do a short post here.

But I probably won't do it again, haha! Don't think I can. I have too many words, I'm afraid.

The treat above is a brownie the size of a mini-muffin, made from a mix, flipped upside down, dusted with powdered sugar, and made happy with some fall confetti. We had them at the Adoption Party.

I'm thankful today for girls who will now eat their oatmeal without complaining, because it is a healthful, cheap, easy, quick meal for them. I love it that I've finally thought to make it using whole milk, so I can sneak in some fat and protein to my non-milk-drinker. I've been cooking it in a casserole dish in the microwave, then adding honey, and a little vanilla.

I'm thankful to the Lord for the number of times in the past two weeks that He's allowed me to speak the gospel with clarity to my children.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm...I may need to steal your breakfast idea for my little man who needs all the fat/protein he can get. What are the exact measurements?

    And that dessert looks yumm-o!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pretty much do double the liquid to the oats, but check the package on that, if you're making larger quantities.

    For one child, though, you could do 1/4 c oats, 1/2 c milk (or possibly straight cream for C3!). Then, I just eyeball the honey, cinnamon, vanilla - just a splash for this small quantity.

    If you REALLY want to pour on the fat, add some butter when you serve it! :-)

    ReplyDelete