Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, All!

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice He judges and wages war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on His head are many crowns...Revelation 19:11-12


I think what amazes me most of late about the Christmas story is the way that Jesus gave up His visible glory and privilege to come here and be veiled in flesh. And for the love, for the salvation of rebellious old sinners like me. Glory to God in the Highest, indeed!

Thou didst leave thy throne
And thy kingly crown
When thou camest to earth for me,
But in Bethlehem's home
Was there found no room
For Thy holy nativity:
O come to my heart Lord Jesus;
There is room in my heart for thee! 
Timothy Richard Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment