Saturday, January 29, 2011

Eric Carle and Joy

...weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. 
Psalm 30:5


I am a sucker for all things Eric Carle. His tissue-paper art mesmerizes me. Anytime we see one of his books at the thrift store or Half-Price Books, we try to snap it up. This one was a gift to one of the girls for Christmas, and the other day I read it for the first time to MK, who wasn't feeling well.

This one's a winner. The story is by Alice McLerran, art by the wonderful Mr. Carle. The story is tender and deep and original.


I won't retell the whole story here, but I will say it has a lot to do with hope deferred...

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. 
Proverbs 13:12


And it's about the longing fulfilled. Can you see the last line on this page?

Here's a closer look...


"I am Joy," she sang, "and I have come to stay."

Love it.

More mercies, but certainly not all of them!

679 hyacinth sprouts

680 note from him on the microwave

681 One Thousand Gifts in the mail

682 tough, tough times with one daughter - may it bear fruit by God's grace

683 good news

684 Father's Joy

685 the relief and soul-sigh of breaking a fast 
*
Have a blessed and peaceful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm praising God that Joy has home to sit on your shoulder. May your heart join in singing her happy song all. day. long.

    ReplyDelete