Saturday, January 8, 2011

Good, Good Words

I am able to do far beyond all that you ask or imagine. Come to Me with positive expectations, knowing that there is no limit to what I can accomplish. Ask My Spirit to control your mind, so that you can think great thoughts of Me. Do not be discouraged by the fact that many of your prayers are yet unanswered. Time is a trainer, teaching you to wait upon Me, to trust Me in the dark. The more extreme your circumstances, the more likely you are to see My Power and Glory at work in the situation. Instead of letting difficulties draw you into worrying, try to view them as setting the scene for My glorious intervention. Keep your eyes and your mind wide open to all that I am doing in your life. Sarah Young, Jesus Calling

Sent to me this week by my friend...rich, good, needed words...

She also pointed me to this photo challenge, and since I'd hoped to have a little photo shoot with my new teapot that day anyway...here is my offering. I have no idea if I'll be able to keep up, but it will be fun to try. The theme here was "something around the house."


Many mercies....

599 jasmine scented white tea (from the husband)

600 in a tiny robin's egg blue teapot (from the husband!)

601 a thank you note from MK scrawled on the white board: thank you for the book closet (as in, thank you, mommy, for tidying it up)

602 a new calendar, with orchid photos (husband)

603 seeing the faith of a family whose 11 year old went to be with Jesus on Tuesday

604 mild enough weather this week for the kids to run and play outside with a friend

605 fat baby in my arms and prayers in the night

606 candle burning in the windowsill, a gift from my Iowa friend

607 EG's tea party lunch for us the other day, all made by her

608 beginning to think on, pray over, a family mission statement

609 making headway in reclaiming our schoolroom, which was ignored and abused over the month of Christmas break

610 quotes (see top of post) and scriptures in the inbox, sent to encourage, from my Back Home friend

611 a little writing assignment

612 that my kids can laugh at themselves

613 MK said I like you

614 MK said I LOVE you

615 I heard and felt MK singing up against me during family worship

616 walking in the dark, in the unknown, in the almost

617 sickness, sickness, sickness, allergies (and yes, I had to talk to the Lord a bit before I was truly thankful for these...and it's a daily, often hourly, battle to be thankful for the hard things!)

618 the way that sickness makes us slow down and rest

619 being the cashier at Happy Mart yesterday - that's the kids' pretend grocery store
*

Oh, and how to make your local pharmacist really pay attention to you: walk in and pick up SIX separate prescriptions for SIX individuals. And what's the name on that prescription, ma'am? Oh, um, it's Beth, BB, EG, LC, CA, and CJ (MK already on these meds)...

They laughed and thanked me for not coming through the drive up window for pick-up! MK was tested for pertussis this week and the result was "questionable," so the doctor wants all of us treated. We have all, at some point in the past month, endured weeks straight of coughing...I am thankful for a good doctor and for quick and cheap meds.

2 comments:

  1. Your teapot is beautiful! I hope you were able to sit quietly for a few moments and savor your tea. So neat to see MK becoming more expressive with her feelings!

    I hope the copay wasn't a small fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankfully, I only took MK and myself to the dr this week, so we paid only two copays...and the rx's were only about $3-4 each!

    I DID savor the tea...but not in the quiet. When EG did the lunch-tea party, they had THEIR tea (ie, warmed up iced tea) and I had MINE! Yum! :-)

    ReplyDelete