Monday, January 30, 2012

It's All Good

It is true: God is good all the time. Sometimes it's hard to wrap my feeble human heart and mind around that truth...you know, when things are hard, or when pain and confusion come. But it is Truth. And all He sends my way is Good.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17


Seems like I go through growth spurts and regressions in this area of giving thanks for everything and in everything. I've not been consistently thankful and trusting in all things all the time. God's shown me this, and by His grace, I'm returning to the attitude that says, "Thank you for this gift. I know it is your best for me, intended for my good; intended for Your glory; allowed so I might be more like Jesus. This goes for the happy and pleasant and for the ugly, difficult, and bewildering. Thank You for this gift from Your Hand. It is right and loving."

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 
I Thessalonians 5:18


What's been interesting lately has been the grace to look at a day or a week, and simultaneously see the yuck and the steps in the right direction, rather than being fixated on the "bad."

In church yesterday, I felt sad about the times I knew I should've been kinder or more sensitive or more/less fill-in-the-blank here, and was momentarily tempted to camp out there, when the Spirit brought to mind the awesome gospel talk I had with one of the girls this week and other positive situations.

I am rejoicing at the little improvements in home habits. I was particularly happy about these two little bits of progress:

*finding and trying out a really tasty non-soup crock pot recipe that was a hit with most of my people...I am tweaking it to be just what we like, but ah, a refreshing change!

*finding and trying out a breakfast crock pot recipe: a hearty meal ready in that am?! What's NOT to rejoice over in that?

Hop over to Gracelaced to see how other sisters in Jesus are acknowledging God's grace today...


Grace Laced Mondays


*
Photos: CA found a way to enjoy her Legos without The Destroyer (aka Baby) interfering: set them up on the kitchen island, climb up onto the island from a chair, then have someone remove the chair, so CJ won't stand up too and help herself to the Legos. Love it.

2 comments:

  1. ...there is now no condemnation...Praise the Lord! Let's get stuck in God's mercy, and never in our discouragement about sin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crock-pot recipe site... thanks for sharing. A fun discovery for me.

    "Let's get suck in God's mercy..." I LOVE that, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete