Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Hope

Then the angel spoke to the women. "Don't be afraid," he said. "I know you are looking for Jesus, Who was crucified.


He isn't here! 

He's risen from the dead, just as He said would happen.


Come see where His body was lying

And now, go quickly, and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead, and He is going ahead of you to Galilee.


You will see Him there. Remember what I have told you."

The women ran quickly from the tomb.

They were frightened, but also filled with great joy, and they rushed to give the disciples the angel's message.


And as they went, Jesus met them and greeted them.

And they ran to Him, and grasped His feet, and worshiped Him...


Jesus came and told His disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.

Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you.

And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:5-10, 18-20



Our very simple Resurrection morning decorations...

Frescoes done by the big 4 girls in their art class, from the top down: EG, AH, MK, LC.

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! What a blessing this was for me on this Easter morning as I stay home from church with a sick baby.

    ReplyDelete