Monday, May 14, 2012

GraceLaced Mondays: Grow in the Crucible

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time.
Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. 
I Peter 5:6-7


Thank Me in the midst of the crucible. When things seem all wrong, look for growth opportunities. Especially, look for areas where you need to let go, leaving your cares in My able Hands. Do you trust Me to orchestrate your life events as I choose, or are you still trying to make things go according to your will? If you keep trying to carry out your intentions while I am leading you in another direction, you deify you desires.

Be on the lookout for what I am doing in your life. Worship Me by living close to Me, thanking Me in all circumstances.


Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
I Thessalonians 5:18


From Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young - May 13th's reading


This is where God has our family right now: learning to give thanks in all things. We are not facing any traumatic trials, but there are challenges. And they make us uncomfortable.

And God is so good to give us the gift of these very small trials and sufferings. My prayer, over and over: God, make us more like Christ because of these times. May be be like Christ during these times. Thank You for these times.




Grace Laced Mondays

2 comments:

  1. We don't have any major trials of any kind either, but nevertheless...it is still one of the most challenging season we've known. I indeed need to remember that he ordains all things, even seasons of weariness and heartaches. Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if we grow of the practice of thankfulness during these times, just imagine the blessing of knowing gratefulness during the times of trauma and suffering. Lord, teach me and equip me now so that You will be exalted in me no matter what.

    ReplyDelete