Saturday, July 21, 2012

Five Days Old

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him.
I Samuel 1:27





Things are always a new kind of busy when babies join the family, right?

And since Baby H came when he did, we now have three birthdays in one week in July. MK turned 10 the day after we brought Baby home from the hospital. Dimple Wimple turns 2 tomorrow.

And By The Way: in all the relief of just getting our little guy here, it's taken us longer than usual to study his barely-there self. Now that we've had a few days, I'm giddy to announce that we have a Mr. Dimple Wimple in the house. Two sweet little dimples on his tiny cheeks, just like CJ! I am sure that when he fattens up a bit, they'll be even more distinct.

Baby's first checkup was yesterday and the pediatrician agreed with our thought: he's really just a tiny newborn - nothing truly preemie about him. Amazing.

He is just past 5 days old. It goes too fast!

The girls all love him, of course, and clamor every day for their turn to hold their brother.

Grandma BeBe is spoiling us all with her help! Tonight, she whipped together a three-layer homemade chocolate cake, because we all heard CJ request it for her birthday treat (wink, wink- It couldn't be that CJ's parents love BeBe's chocolate cake?).

I still just feel so much relief that Baby H is here. It will take me a long time to process this adventure.

But I will say along with Hannah, the mother of Samuel:


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him.


So many people have prayed. 

Our God has answered with innumerable tender mercies.
*

More when I can...lots of pictures to share!

4 comments:

  1. awww, the dimples are just really the icing on the cake! I am just amazed, too, Beth, that he is really safe and sound with you. At every turn, I was worried even as I prayed for you. Share your thoughts, when you have a chance to ponder :) I think often of how Mary "treasured up all these things in her heart" in regards to the flying childhood of my children. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie, Beth! I just had to stop by and see if you had posted any pics & I'm so glad I did. What a blessing---especially that he seems to be handling being born early so well! Enjoy holding such a tiny little man---he will be big before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, the sweetness. Those first few days are precious, and so incredibly fleeting! Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your handsome little boy.

    ReplyDelete