Sunday, August 23, 2009

Doing What He Wants Me To

After removing Saul, he made David their king. He testified concerning him: 'I have found David son of Jesse a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.' Acts 13:22


My good friend and I are doing a Bible study by Elizabeth George called Quiet Confidence for a Woman's Heart. It is based on the twenty-third Psalm. Mrs. George pointed us to the above scripture, then asked the question, "What do you think it means to be a 'woman after God's own heart'? Write it down and make this a matter of prayer."

Now, we have all heard David called "a man after God's own heart," but I don't think I've ever noticed that qualifying phrase in Acts: ...he will do everything I want him to do.

So, am I a person who does everything God wants me to? This is indeed a matter of prayer.

Let us each prayerfully ponder this simple and profound question!

*
Photo - Tiny mountain mushrooms, smaller around than dimes

No comments:

Post a Comment