Tuesday, November 10, 2009

His Word and Beauty

Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 106:1

Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6





We love because he first loved us. I John 4:19

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12





I don't wanna go through the motions; I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me.
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking, "What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?" (The Motions, lyrics by Matthew West)

 


 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Isaiah 6:1

In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!" Revelation 5:12

*

I've started three posts besides this one in the past several days. Couldn't satisfactorily finish any of them and didn't sense from Him that I was meant to post them. Words aren't coming, and that's okay. I'll just let God's Truth speak.

*

Check out Ann Voskamp's "Beauty Challenge" (several great posts) at her site, A Holy Experience...always a great read, great encouragement and challenge to be found in her writing.

The photos above are in the spirit of her challenge. The top photo is actually of the water retention ditch at the end of our street. I stuck the camera lens through the chain link fence. Here's a photo including the fence, but I didn't get the concrete walls of it in the photo. But I love how in our rather concrete neighborhood, God has given us, for the moment (till the water evaporates) a place to catch the reflection of the sunset....




 Second photo from the top is of my three big girls trotting down the street with nature journals, in search of something new to draw. The third photo - it's Serengeti-ish to me. Living in a flat land has its advantages: you can really, really see the sunsets. What you don't see in the photo: the busy road just below the waving grasses, the cars on the road (that took several shots...it was coming-home time!) the street signs, and the mailbox kiosk. But oh, was it golden and lovely...and I'm sure all the passing cars wondered why I was aiming my camera at them, when it was really the sun I was zoomed in on.


2 comments:

  1. Beth, that's just what I thought when I saw the last picture...Africa. Beautiful captures of the beauty around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The the Truth ring through His words and the beauty of the Creator. Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete