Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mental Snapshots of Divine Mercy

...because I didn't have my camera ready on hand to visually capture these mercies from my God, and I cannot forget these things...



...CA, sick with croup, asleep in bed with me, chubby arm firmly fixed around my neck....

...She has such a squeaky funny voice and at 2 years, 3 months, her language skills are exploding. Picture her wallowing around on the kitchen floor while I'm making supper, rolling herself up in the little rug. I ask, "Where's CA?!" Her reply, rapid fire: "I-done-know. Wight-here!" and then, emphatically, "I-Be-Hiding!" So funny to hear her speaking so clearly. She makes us laugh.



...LC, sitting at a schooldesk here at home, her chipped-purple-painted toes hanging down, not touching the floor...making herself happy coloring. Oh, those little toes! And I love her endearing "thank you, mommy," when I've read her a story...

...She is peaceful, happy, affectionate...



...MK, running out of her room in the middle of her "read a book of choice for 20 minutes" time, a delighted look on her face and sound in her voice: "Mommy, mommy, listen to this! 'Good night, Charlotte.' 'Goodnight, Wilbur.' 'Goodnight, Charlotte.' 'Goodnight Wilbur.' " Uninhibited delight from this child of mine is an especial joy to see. She loved the passage from Charlotte's Web and had to tell me so....



...EG, who notices that child who doesn't seem to have a buddy, and quickly remedies the problem; who is so eager to please God, stopping right where she is to pray after she's been corrected; who loves to "spend the night" in her two younger sisters' room on the weekends; who works hard to help and thinks of ways to help, and who writes amazing stories...



 Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city,       the watchmen stand guard in vain. In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat— for he grants sleep to those he loves. Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from Him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. Psalm 127


*
Photos: another mercy - blooms! After years of unsuccessful attempts at growing flowers, the Lord guided us to some choices that did work - most of these 6 types of plants have been blooming continuously since May (even through severe drought, with some babying from the sprinkler)! The yellow daisies, however, bloom in early spring and early fall, so it was such a huge treat to see them put on buds profusely over the past week or so, and to begin blooming. It's a wonderful last bit of summer color. Thank you LORD, for the flowers, for the children, for your blessings innumerable.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful post. So often I forget to notice His daily mercies and be thankful. You've challeged me today.

    ReplyDelete