Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Repeat

Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, 
because His compassions fail not.  
They are new every morning
great is Your faithfulness. 
"The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, 
"Therefore I hope in Him!” 
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, 
to the soul who seeks Him. 
Lamentations 3:22-25


Do you love the love-potato? When I pulled it from the bag, I thought, "twins!" But my kids saw it and said, "Mama, it's a heart!" Yes, it is, and I couldn't not take its picture.

I've used a scripture above that I used a day or two ago, because sometimes I realize there are truths I need to camp out on, think slowly through, digest. I bolded the words and phrases that stuck out to me as reconsidered these verses this morning.

His compassions fail not. That's huge. Rather wonderfully overwhelming, really, when I sit and try to take it in.

They are new every morning. Every morning? Really? Believe it!

He is good to those who wait for Him...okay, self, slow down...slow down and wait for Him, wait for His answers, be still...

He is good to the the soul who seeks Him...Lord, may my soul ever, always seek You!

May His Word soak into your soul, bringing you closer to Christ every day...

Enjoying our guests. EG gives her cousin, MB, a ride

Some fashion crafty fun with the big 4 girls

 They had fun making little outfits for the doll cutouts - I was the fabric-cutter, velcro-placer, marker-finder.



1 comment:

  1. I posted these verses yesterday on my mom's cancer blog and since then the Lord has placed them in front of my eyes no less than 3 other times, all from different sources. Yes, sometimes He beckons us "camp out" to ruminate on one truth. I'm there with you.

    Love the love the potato and the girls bicycling!

    ReplyDelete