Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mom

She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Proverbs 31:27-29

Here is a list of mercies God sent by mom's hands and heart during her visit (and by dad's, who shared her with us), and also photos from one of our park days while mom and MB were here:





Things my mom did with us/for to bless us while she was here -

-bought supplies, then planted countless little seeds in tiny pots with the girls
-took them each on a date, just her and one girl
-got them bubbles, then created a way to make sure the bubbles didn't spill (again)
-watched food documentaries with us (yes, we've been watching food movies :-)
-kept the laundry caught up (it IS possible?!?)
-kept the dishes caught up (yep, that, too)
-listened...she listens so much
-went to a prenatal appointment with me
-sat in on an ultrasound with us
-brought Anne of Green Gables with her...when you have 4 daughters, it's just extra sweet and fun to watch Anne!
-read, read, read...she read ever so many books and stories to the children
-babysat TWICE so we could go out on a date!
-dejunked my Suburban...oh it becomes such a catchall dump so quickly!
-replentished our pencil and dry erase marker supply, tidied my school desk space (won't go into our friendly disagreement over which pencils are toss-worthy and which aren't....)

the crinkled nose was too cute not to post

Trying to get a decent photo of all 5 girls...a little series to make you smile...made me laugh. I think it's a mathematical impossibility to get multiple small people all looking the same direction, eyes open, pleasant expressions on faces...

sideways glancing, chewin' peanuts...

FOUR sets of closed/lowered eyes, one set focused on a dog nearby...

just funny!

uh oh, I'm losing one...going, going...

And, she's gone! EG tried to hang on all the way through, and LC has lunged for a snack
*
This morning, God led me to Jeremiah 29:13-14 - You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD. I don't have much to say about it, other than it's always been full of a maddening challenge (seeking a God who cannot be seen or touched) and a glorious promise (I will be found by you!). Oh, let us seek Him wholeheartedly ever and always. How I need your grace in this, Lord. Help me to persevere! I praise You for Your promise and challenge!
*

Even more mercies:

109 the switch and sway of shiny green tree leaves whipping in the spring wind...

110 the at least 5 different colors of wildflowers blooming now...takes my breath away...feast for the eyes, delivered by the Father daily right now!

111 the clickety clack and excited voices that go with Lego play (they've been pulled out after a 2 month sabbatical)

112 a difficult and draining disciplinary situation this morning with one of the girls...necessary, part of the Process for both of us

113 a child who said to me this morning, "What can I do to help with breakfast?" (I so don't have the servant spirit I already see in her. God be praised for His work in little ones)

114 popping in a children's worship CD we'd never listened to before and finding it such a sweet and simple lift this morning

2 comments:

  1. Oh, your sweet mom; I'm so happy she could come for a nice long visit! You are a sweet mom too.

    Love the group shot sequence. I can so identify, trying to capture my boys and nephews in one shot is impossible.

    All of the girls look so beautiful in the very first photo in the post, especially LC and MK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what would we do without our mothers?! Yours sounds like a wonderful help, so understanding of what exactly a busy mommy needs/wants.

    ReplyDelete