Thursday, August 12, 2010

Four Views of Pink Flowers

He humbled you, causing you to hunger, then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD. Deuteronomy 8:3

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" Matthew 4:4

Oh, let us be diligent and eager to eat the Word, to feed our minds, souls, spirits on eternal Food!


I won't have any deep thoughts to offer today. It's been a tough week. Much to be thankful for, and mercies without number as usual, but a tough week all the same. As they say in the Deep South, this mama has been sick as a dog since Monday. I'm on the mend today, thankfully, though!

For now, I'll just list out more mercies that have stood out to me of late....



345 soles of tiny feet, soft as rose petals

346 sickness - may I grow more like Him through hard times

347 options

348 CA, when she chose the $5 pink daisies at Walmart on Tuesday. She wanted to carry them. After a while, I asked her if she was okay, if she wanted to put them in the cart. Her reply: "No, I'm good with it!"



349 George Muller's biography -  The copy we're reading is very well-written and is working as a wonderful read-aloud for my 6-9 year olds. I love it, too! Lord, help my unbelief! (Mark 9:24).

350 my placid, sleepy, contented fifth daughter

351 the tea-party-lunch that the 4 big girls and I had yesterday with our yard-sale tea cups and cut-up-to-bite-size food, eaten with toothpicks, of course



352 globeworks.org - Globeworks International Ministry. If you want to pray for or financially support a group that is wholeheartedly committed to reaching the world with the gospel of salvation in Christ, this is that ministry!

Here's one more pink pretty, who is three weeks old today -



 And lastly, I've always loved this poem by Andrea Bocelli, so I thought I'd share the first few lines here:

L'Incontro

While, like a giant, proud and happy,
I take my baby in my arms,
Fragile, innocent, and alive
And like a little bird [she's] pushing against my chest
Abandoned, quiet and safe....

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you've been so sick. I hope you are on the mend.

    Love the idea of you guys eating with toothpicks.

    ReplyDelete