Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Few Mercies

Praise the LORD.
Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
His love endures forever. 
Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the LORD 
or fully declare His praise?
Psalm 106:1-2


943 sunflowers, picked from the side of the road by mom

944 that ray of summer sun in my kitchen in the evening

945 clothing on the floor

946 being humbled


947 mom's dates with each of the girls - one on one - special memories made

948 late loud suppers, often at 8 pm

949 okra. fried.


950 everyone passing their levels at swim this year

951 the trains that roar by during swim lessons - they're just part of the summer experience for me

952 special new friends made during the course of this year's swim session - a neat mom, her triplets and younger daughter


953 vbs: a breeze and a tent on those 100 degree evenings (that's our tent in the background behind the brave little verbena...we held vbs in that empty lot, across from a row of houses in a large neighborhood)


954 our pastor (above), who loves Christ and loves people

955 moonlight through the blinds so bright in my face at bedtime

956 the moon was a ghostly galleon, tossed upon cloudy seas...this morning, 530am, standing outside, gazing up at His moon...thin clouds scudding past the full perfect circle...a ghostly galleon indeed: breathtaking

957 kissing him in the kitchen on Sunday morning, before the kids woke up


958 bits of childhood: restored

959 an old movie, seated beside my best friend on the couch, having a treat and coffee last night - so, SO rare these days!

960 my sister who made our solo-flying dad a really nice lunch for work today

961 unfinished, yes, even sometimes untouched to-do lists (that one's hard)


962 daddy's daylilies, sent to mama and all the girls this week

963 This picture of what Christ has done for me: The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. Exodus 12:13

964 Baby: crossed ankle contentment


AH took this photo - I think she has a knack for good composition!


 She snapped this one, too. LC is demonstrating how sedentary my children are. Ha. I NEVER had the energy and perpetual-motion busyness that my kids exhibit!


Raise your hand if you HEART fried okra, any kind of okra, like I do. If you don't like it or haven't tried it, you are missing out. Couldn't resist photographing the deliciousness next to the rest of that night's supper. 


Miss Dimple Wimple, modeling this sweet smock, which I snapped up from Margo's Etsy shop.


Okay, okay, just one more cute baby shot? She looks quite posed, doesn't she? It's because she is so happy when sisters spoil her with wagon rides. This time it was EG doing the wagon-pulling.
*
So, I'm coming up on 1,000 Mercies, y'all! I've decided to celebrate God's goodness with something different and fun here for you...stay tuned!

And to all a good weekend!

I'm out tomorrow, taking mom away for good eats and good conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment