Friday, May 4, 2012

A Special Anniversary

Give thanks to the LORD, call on His Name; 
make known among the nations what He has done.
Remember the wonders He has done, His miracles,
and the judgments He has pronounced. 
Psalm 105:1,5


Today we celebrate one year since a judge made God's miracle official: AH's adoption was finalized this day 12 months ago.

None of the children remembered that this is the anniversary, so I was able to prepare a few surprises without arousing their suspicion too much.

I made a much-admired S'mores Cake from a children's treats cookbook. Easy!


A couple of balloons on the table this morning, along with - gasp - tiny powdered white doughnuts. I don't think I've ever bought them since I had children. Ha!

I printed a Bible verse out for each of us to read at breakfast this morning, intended to turn our hearts to the Lord in thanksgiving and praise for His wonderful work in bringing AH to us.


I've also declared it Eat Dessert First Day, which is extry (as Andy Griffith would say) special since we don't eat dessert at all normally. We have a little something treaty coming up before lunch and supper. Add to this that the kids have no real schoolwork to do - oh, happy day for all!

...And some simple sunflowers on the table add a celebratory air to this day, as I thank God

for all He has done

all He is doing

and all He is going to do.

1 comment: