Thursday, June 17, 2010

Free Time is Running Low

Even youths grow tired and weary, 
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD 
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:30-31


Try as I might, I've not had even a few minutes to sit down and put thoughts here. Swim lessons (round 1 is done!) and living and my s-l-o-w-i-n-g pace all add up to "no free time!"

Today marks 35 weeks. Can it be that there is only a month remaining before this surprise package is delivered? My past track record leaves us with no good idea of whether Baby will probably come early or late. I've had one 9 days early, and three who were 5-10 days late! Ah, such a guessing game.

There are baby things to wash, school supplies to buy, meals to freeze...oh, I'd better stop. That list will get too long. We'll see what actually gets accomplished!


For now, I'll just leave you with these colorful pictures EG made the other day. Always creating, always making something. I loved the bright pops of color in these. And, once I've photographed them, I don't feel so bad throwing the original artwork away - because, goodness, we'd be up to our eyeballs in projects and papers around here if I kept most of their work!

May the grace of our Lord be with you, now and always -

*
229 looking at the kids when they are sleeping

230 sitting in church with the girls has a specialness to it: quiet moments for me to sit close to them, my hand on their shoulder, touching their hair....

231 CA's lips turned black from markers

232 EG, MK, LC playing outside in the blazing heat ALL.AFTERNOON.LONG. with dirt, water, and water bottles (they drank two each, then used them for their great work and adventure they were on)

233 easy farmers market suppers

234 rubbing them down w/sunblock - it's a job I realized I love to hate: takes a LONG time to rub down 5 of us every day before swim lessons, and yet it's another one of those "it's just me and you for a few moments" things between us

235 bottles and sleepers laid away, diapers too

236 evening sun through breeze-blown trees, making flickering shadows on the kitchen wall

237 trains (we get to see a few fly by the pool each day at lessons - a delight to all the children)

238 chickadee with his little black bib, perched on the fence

239 EG's streaks of white-blonde hair, here for the summer, growing lighter every day while her skin darkens every day

240 CA in all of her 2.5 year old smallness, stretched out on the dentist chair yesterday, having her teeth cleaned like it was old hat to her

2 comments:

  1. I love the color in your life, and reading your list of blessings. I love the dappled light of sunlight through trees, too! Remember the little chickadee nest with babies that you guys had at your old house?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, those sweet chickadees at our old house. We were only there 3 years, but we got to see them build 3 nests in the same place in our carport. So fun. Can't believe you remember that!

    ReplyDelete