Monday, August 6, 2012

GraceLaced Mondays: PRAY, and Be Real When You Do It

Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live. 
I Thessalonians 5:16-18 (The Message)


I am reading through Isaiah these days, mostly in the wee hours of the night while up with young Master H. I'm also slowly digesting the encouraging content of A Praying Life by Paul E. Miller.

God accomplished much in our hearts during our pre-PROM experience and long hospital stay with Baby H's pregnancy. One area that always needs work in my life is prayer. All that time and mental "free space" whilst hospitalized was a great opportunity to practice the discipline of talking to the Lord.

I love, love, love this simple quote from Praying Life:

Sometimes we try so hard to be good that we aren't real.

You think so? I know this perfectionist is 100% guilty of the above reality! What a relief, of late, to begin talking to God more from my heart. Unbelievable relief.

This is grace: the privilege of prayer, granted us by Jesus through His victory on the cross and the tearing of that veil, and the okayness of being real with the Father who made us and knows it all anyway.

Pour out your hearts to Him. Be real. He's listening!



Grace Laced Mondays

1 comment:

  1. This is where I'm at too, friend. The other morning, I was woken up by a toy in the loft that randomly went off at 4:30 in the morning. After several failed attempts to go back to sleep, I concluded that the Lord was graciously granting me time for prayer...honest prayer. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete